Building as Learning Aid (BaLA)
BaLA is about innovatively treating the space and built elements to make the existing school architecture more resourceful with higher educational value in a child friendly manner. At the core, it assumes that the architecture of school can be a resource for the teaching learning processes . BaLA is a way to holistically plan and use the school infrastructure.
It incorporates the ideas of :
- Activity based learning
- Child friendliness
- Inclusive education for children with special needs
What can BaLA do for children ?
- Improve Language and Communication skills
- Instill confidence in numeracy skills
- Abstract notions explained through concrete examples
- Respect for nature and environment
- Capability to realize potential of available resources
- Power of observation